Outlook Auto Archive v1.0 Released
Outlook Auto Archive is an Outlook Add-In that automates the setting of all folders in your mailbox to Default Archive Settings. This solution is for client side auto archiving where the local archive.pst is utilized. Auto Archiving in Microsoft Outlook requires user interaction to mark their folder(s) to Auto Archive. This can be done on a per folder basis, or there is a button that assists users in applying Auto Archiving to all folders. This process presents 2 issues; 1) Any new folders created will not inherit Auto Archive settings and will need to be manually set. 2) Administrators cannot roll out or enforce client side archiving. This application was created due to a lack of any commercial product to accomplish this. While client side .pst archiving is not as desirable as server side retention policies, this solution will meet your enterprise needs. Keeping mailboxes small allow for a much healthier Exchange environment and local .pst files utilize cheap desktop storage for that mail. Some environments may choose to store that .pst file on the network for protection against drive failures.
- Automated Folder Defaults – On each start up of Outlook, all folders are set to use the Default Auto Archive settings.
- Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 support – Works across all versions of Outlook (2007 requires latest service pack).
- Per machine install – Only one installation is required to be available for all users.
- 32/64 bit support – Installation media is available for both 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows.
- Group Policy – Works along side Group Policy allowing administrators to set their Auto Archiving default retention and schedules.
- User Editable Settings – If Group Policy is not utilized to enforce settings, users can set their own default Auto Archive settings.
Outlook Auto Archive, version 1.0.0 for Outlook 2007, 2010, or 2013. Available on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, 2012, 2008. Requirements .net framework 4 or newer.
Outlook Auto Archive is available free of charge but can be customized for your environment on a per user licensing agreement. Often corporations would like additional functionality or specific requirements. Please contact me for a price quote.
I also accept PayPal donations utilizing the following link.